Match Report | Kincorth On Top In First Pre-Season Friendly

Pre-Season Friendly
Saturday 12th September 2020
Kinellar Park, Blackburn

Tito Silva’s first half penalty not enough for Blackburn in their first pre-season outing of the summer against Divison One East side Kincorth.

Johannes Jaka made five changes from the team that finished in the league win over Kintore before COVID-19 saw the season halted early and declared null and void.

New signings Russell Gibson, Gareth Rooney, Mark Somers, Jamie Strang, and Kalvin Mundie set foot on the bone dry pitch at Kinellar Park for the first time whilst Stuart Yeats, Joe Jaka and Fabian Ozag dropped out of the starting XI and onto the bench.

Returning for Blackburn were Bryce McLernon, tasked with keeping tabs on Kincorth’s strikers, with Gareth Rooney joining Cranham and Leslie in the back four.

Kincorth were looking dangerous from the off and it wasn’t long before the broke through the defence to test Russell Gibson, in goal for Blackburn, but the stopper got down to his left to hold the striker’s low attempt from the edge of the box just seven minutes into the contest.

Blackburn were growing into the game against their Divison One opponents, with Lee Milne and Kalvin Mundie finding chances were few and far between in the first half.

It wasn’t long before Blackburn found themselves behind in the match when Kincorth striker found a way past the onrushing Gibson, The second goal followed soon after in a massive blow to the home side who matched their opponents’ stride for stride.

With 10 minuted left of the first half Blackburn found a way through on goal only to see the attempt forced wide by the Kincorth defence.

From the resulting corner, an infringement was spotted inside the 18-yard box which resulted in a penalty kick to Blackburn. Recent substitute Tito Silva stepped up to the spot and calmly slotted home from 12 yards.

Johannes Jaka’s hosts were getting frustrated by Kincorth’s fighting mentality and it wasn’t long before the visitors were down to 10 men.

However, despite Blackburn’s determination, it was the visitors who found the back of the net once again with less than 20 minutes remaining.

Blackburn went in search of a quick response and would have half-chances towards the end of the game, but the scoreline was left unchanged.

A good first performance from the team, pre-season continues at Kinellar Park next week with the visit of Sunday Amateur side Granite Thistle.

Blackburn: Gibson, Cranham, McLernon, Rooney, Leslie, Somers, Lamb, Johnston, Strang, Mundie, Milne (C).

Substitutes: Yeats, Stephen, Jaka, Ozag, Silva, Walls, Smith.

Goal: Tito Silva, 38.

Referee: Ka Kuen.